Our latest online slots game, Dragon’s Zen, stars all 12 animals of the Chinese zodiac. Which one represents you will depend on the year you were born, but do you know what your zodiac animal is thought to say about you? It’s believed that your zodiac sign can affect your life choices, relationships and even how lucky you are.
If you don’t know which zodiac animal you are, no problem! We’ve included every year for each animal going back to 1940, so you can find out which one you are and see what that says about you! Could there be anything to the lucky numbers, days and colours associated with your year of birth? It can’t hurt to give it a try!
NOTE: As Chinese New Year is usually in early February, if you were born in January or early February, your zodiac animal will be that of the previous year.
Rat (1996, 1984, 1972, 1960, 1948)
- You’re quick-witted, clever, charming and funny! People born in the year of the rat can sometimes be a little too motivated by money, so always try to remember that it’s not the most important thing in the world.
- Lucky numbers: 2, 3, and numbers containing them (like 23 and 32)
- Lucky days: the 4th and 13th of every Chinese lunar month
- Lucky colours: blue, gold, green
Ox (1997, 1985, 1973, 1961, 1949)
- You’re hard-working, persistent and straightforward. It’s likely you are true to your beliefs, but that can mean you’re stubborn and set in your ways. So, try to be open to new ideas and doing things a little differently – you might like it!
- Lucky numbers: 1, 4, and numbers containing 1 and 4 (like 14 and 41)
- Lucky days: the 13th and 27th of every Chinese lunar months
- Lucky colours: white, yellow, and green
Tiger (1998, 1986, 1974, 1962, 1950)
- You’re ambitious, brave and independent. You’re respected for your sound advice and courageous actions, but you can be a bit of a show-off when you do well. So, remember to be humble in victory – others will be more likely to tell you how amazing you are!
- Lucky numbers: 1, 3, and 4 and numbers containing them (like 13 and 43)
- Lucky days: the 16th and 27th of any Chinese lunar calendar month
- Lucky colours: blue, grey, orange
Rabbit (1999, 1987, 1975, 1963, 1951)
- You’re popular because you’re sincere and you tend to avoid conflict with others. You can be sensitive and sometimes you’re a little hesitant, which can mean you miss out on good opportunities. So, next time an opportunity comes your way, try to be bold and go for it!
- Lucky numbers: 3, 4, 6, and numbers containing them (like 34 and 46)
- Lucky days: the 26th, 27th and 29th of every Chinese lunar month
- Lucky colours: red, pink, purple, blue
Dragon (2000, 1988, 1976, 1964, 1952, 1940)
- The dragon is a powerful sign! It’s likely that you’re energetic, warm-hearted and excitable. You don’t like gossip and when people are unfair to each other, but you can sometimes be a little impatient. Slow down sometimes – remember, good things come to those who wait!
- Lucky numbers: 1, 6 and 7
- Lucky days: the 1st and 16th of any Chinese lunar calendar month
- Lucky colours: gold, silver, grey
Snake (1989, 1977, 1965, 1953, 1941)
- You might think a snake isn’t a great animal to be, but they’re a symbol of intelligence and wit – you’re likely to be funny and talented too. People born in this year can be overly suspicious and paranoid, so try not to let those things cloud your judgement until you have all the facts!
- Lucky numbers: 2, 8, 9, and numbers containing them (like 28 and 89)
- Lucky days: the 1st and 23rd of Chinese lunar months
- Lucky colours: black, red, and yellow
Horse (1990, 1978, 1966, 1954, 1942)
- It’s likely that you’re kind-hearted and easy-going. You’re also very independent, but you can sometimes be a little too honest with people! Telling the truth is important, but remember that sometimes it needs a little sugar-coating!
- Lucky numbers: 2, 3, 7, and numbers containing them (like 23 and 37)
- Lucky days: the 5th and 20th of Chinese lunar months
- Lucky colours: yellow and green
Sheep (1991, 1979, 1967, 1955, 1943)
- People born in the year of the sheep are often creative and thoughtful, and are often involved in the arts in some way. You also might be cautious, but that can sometimes mean you’re indecisive, so remember that sometimes you need to go with your gut!
- Lucky numbers: 2, 7, or numbers containing 2 and 7 (like 27 and 72)
- Lucky days: the 7th and 30th of any month according to the Chinese lunar calendar
- Lucky colours: green, red, and purple
Monkey (1992, 1980, 1968, 1956, 1944)
- It’s likely that you love to make people laugh! You’re upbeat and energetic, but you can get bored easily! Sometimes you might lack self-control, so it might help to work on your will power!
- Lucky numbers: 4 and 9
- Lucky days: the 14th and 28th of any Chinese lunar calendar month
- Lucky colours: white, blue, gold
Rooster (1993, 1981, 1969, 1957, 1945)
- You’re likely to be honest, observant and hard-working. You don’t tend to rely on other people a great deal, but that can mean you can get impatient with others at times. Remember that it’s OK to let others help you out from time to time!
- Lucky numbers: 5, 7, and 8
- Lucky days: the 4th and 26th of any Chinese lunar month
- Lucky colours: gold, brown, and yellow
Dog (1994, 1982, 1970, 1958, 1946)
- People born in this year are usually fiercely loyal and very trustworthy! You’re good at dealing with difficult times, but you can sometimes worry too much. Trust that everything will work out in the end!
- Lucky numbers: 3, 4, 9, and numbers containing them (like 34 and 49)
- Lucky days: the 7th and 28th of every Chinese lunar month
- Lucky colours: red, green, and purple
Pig (1995, 1983, 1971, 1959, 1947)
- It’s likely that you’re nice to be around and have good manners! You tend to be quite forgiving when other people make mistakes, but be careful that you’re not too trusting or naïve, and that you don’t let people off the hook too easily.
- Lucky numbers: 2, 5, 8, and numbers containing them (like 25 and 58)
- Lucky days: the 17th and 24th of every Chinese lunar month
- Lucky colours: yellow, grey, brown, gold
Does any of the above ring true for you? If you haven’t played Dragon’s Zen yet, you can get up to 25 FREE SPINS to try it out!* Just play it for the first time and your free spins should magically appear.
*18+. New and existing players. No deposit required. Up to 25 locked free spins available to win (once only) via this Game of the Month promotion. Free spins locked to 2p bet over 20 win lines with winnings awarded as bonus credit. Bonus credit transferable between games but cannot be withdrawn. This Bonus expires 24hrs after the game is downloaded. Max withdrawal without depositing is £50. You can withdraw any unspent deposit, in addition to the funds in your cashable credit account. T&Cs apply, BeGamble Aware.