And it’s hard NOT to think about Christmas, when all everyone is talking about is Red Cups and the festive adverts taking over on our screens.
Each year we wait with baited breath to see how John Lewis is going to make us cry, before listening out for those murmurings of “Holidays are Coming…” to signify that it’s officially time to get festive.
2016 has so far produced some pretty impressive Christmas advert offerings. But it’s also produced some not-so-impressive ones. So we thought, we’d compile PocketWin’s definitive ranking of the 2016 Christmas Ads.
And by “definitive” we mean Top 5…we haven’t got all day:
5. Boots – The Gift of BeautyFor their festive advert, Boots have recognised that many families don’t get to spend Christmas together so handpicked a number of women forced to work on Christmas Day for a makeover. The firefighters, nurses and paramedics are then greeted by their families and it’s a real love-fest. Just what this time of year is all about.
4. Sainsburys – The Greatest GiftSupermarket giant Sainsburys have taken a similar angle to Boots showing that this time of year is all about family. This sweet animated advert is funny, festive and features the singing talents of James Corden. Yes really, Smithy from Gavin and Stacey! This ad will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside…just what you want at Christmas!
3. Aldi – Kevin the CarrotIn previous years, Aldi have spoofed John Lewis’ adverts – there’s still time, they might do! – however this year they’ve welcomed their very own character – Kevin the Carrot. Much like the Aldi Christmas adverts you’re used to, this one doesn’t take itself too seriously and is the perfect ingredient on a winter’s evening.
2. John Lewis – Buster the BoxerFor what seems like the first time ever, John Lewis’ 2016 Christmas advert is funny and not sad! In it, Buster the Boxer dog is seen making the most of his owners’ Christmas present by bouncing on a trampoline along with his woodland animal friends. It’s worth a watch and would have been number one if M&S hadn’t come along.
1. M&S – Love Mrs ClausTHIS is the advert that will make you cry this Christmas. Mrs Claus receives a letter from one young boy who – spoiler alert – wants to give his big sister the best Christmas present ever. Even though they fight. If you have a sibling – or children – this advert will hit you in the feels as it’s so relatable and so sweet! Tissues at the ready!
There we have it!
Which is your favourite so far this year?