If you want to bag a bargain or blast through your Christmas shopping, this is a day of sales like no other. Taking place on Friday 25th November, it’s a day when online and bricks-and-mortar retailers slash their prices in a pre-Christmas sales frenzy.
But with so many brands taking part and so many “Sale” signs, how can you get the biggest bang for your buck and shop smart this Black Friday?
Here are our 10 top tips to help you save money, bag a bargain and have cash left over for a game of bingo or a spin of your favourite slots game.
You can thank us later.
1. Plan AheadWe’ve all been blinded by discounts before and brought things we don’t need resulting in huge over-spending. Ahead of Black Friday 2016, think about items you actually need to buy and stick to it. This will stop you blowing the budget on things you don’t need, and forgetting those all-important Christmas presents for your in-laws.
2. Do Your ResearchOur first tip is to research items before you buy them. Look at what they have retailed at before Black Friday and check prices across multiple retailers. Sometimes prices are inflated so the discount seems bigger, and sometimes items reduced are end-of-line or poor quality. This isn’t the case for every item or every retailer, but researching prices will help you shop, save and spend much smarter.
3. Fastest Finger First
4. Don’t Just Wait ‘Till FridayLast year, retailers such as Argos and Amazon had week-long Black Friday promotions where different items were discounted each day. This year, it looks set to be the same. Many retailers start their deals up to a week before, so keep checking ahead of the 25th November to be in with a chance of bagging a bargain first.
5. Look For Extra SavingsIt’s possible to make extra savings by signing up to your favourite retailers’ email newsletters. Often, you’ll get a discount code sent through just fie signing up and you might be able to redeem this on Black Friday. It’s also worth doing a quick online search to see if you can get a code for free shipping or 10% off before you make a purchase.
6. Become a VIPSimilarly to point number 5, some retailers offer VIP or loyalty schemes where you can get early access to sales or an added discount. Again, sign up to these ahead of time to help you make the most of the Black Friday sales. Some retailers may also offer VIP exclusive discounts that you can’t get elsewhere which are bigger and better.
7. Use Reputable Websites
8. Look Out For Hidden CostsBig price reductions may mean an increase in shipping and handling costs, so make sure you’re aware of these before you click the checkout button. You don’t want to be stung with any additional charges that mean your bargain purchase isn’t such a bargain after all.
9. Pay SecurelyYou’ve bagged your bargains and it’s time to checkout, and if you’re shopping online we’d recommend using PayPal or a credit card. These two payment methods are not only more secure and protected should anything happen, but some credit cards offer you additional rewards and savings.
10. Use the Savings to Play PocketWin Mobile Slots!Horray! You bagged a bargain, have sorted all your Christmas shopping, and have plenty of cash left over. What better way to celebrate than with a spin on your favourite PocketWin mobile slots game? It’s the perfect way to unwind after a stressful day of shopping and you never know, you might hit the jackpot and win enough to go on ANOTHER shopping spree!
There you have it! PocketWin’s guide to Black Friday 2016! Happy shopping…